- High in fibre, which is an anti-inflammatory component
- Promote weight control, it helps you feel full longer
- Prevent constipation
- Promote cardiovascular health
- They are very cheap to buy!
- 2 cans chickpeas
- Spray olive oil
- Spices or finely chopped herbs, such as turmeric, black pepper, paprika, Italian mixed herbs
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas
- Pat the chickpeas very dry with a clean dishtowel or paper towels
- Spread the chickpeas out in an even layer on a baking sheet. Spray with oil and sprinkle with herbs and spices. Mix through with your hands to make sure the chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Roast for about 30mins, stirring or shaking every 10mins.
Grace (Daiqing) Yu - Dietitian and Nutritionist
Grace graduated from Flinders University with a Masters in Nutrition and Dietetics. She has a strong passion for food and cooking and is well-exposed to both Asian and Western cultures and cuisine. Grace believes everyone should enjoy food while also staying healthy and feeling good! She provides a nutrition assessment and can tailor an individualised meal plan to develop sustainable healthy eating habits that fit into your lifestyle.
More info can be found here