When it is cold outside, treat yourself to a delicious curry dish, which packed with flavour, makes the perfect winter warmer!
Lots of people think curry dishes are fattening, but here are 6 tips here to make your curry healthier!
- 300g stewing beef, trim the fat and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 tin (200g) of chickpea, drained
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- Add your favourite veg: such as 1 carrot, 1 broccoli, ½ cup peas and 1 cup of mushroom
- 1 medium potato, cut into chunks
- 1 cup chopped pumpkin
- 4Tbs Massaman curry paste
- 400ml light coconut milk
- 60g unsalted peanuts
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ Tbs sugar
- 1Tbs fish sauce
- Heat 2Tbs coconut milk in a large casserole dish with a lid. Add the Massaman curry paste and fry for 1 min, then stir in the beef and fry until well coated and sealed.
- Stir in the rest of the coconut with half a can of water, onion, cinnamon, sugar, fish sauce. Bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for 2hrs until the beef is tender
- Add in potato, pumpkin, chickpeas and other veg and cook for another 30mins
- Sprinkle with peanuts and service with basmati rice
Curry is packed with lots of spices and herbs, which has anti-inflammatory effects. Enjoy!
Grace (Daiqing) Yu - Dietitian and Nutritionist
Grace graduated from Flinders University with a Masters in Nutrition and Dietetics. She has a strong passion for food and cooking and is well-exposed to both Asian and Western cultures and cuisine. Grace believes everyone should enjoy food while also staying healthy and feeling good! She provides a nutrition assessment and can tailor an individualised meal plan to develop sustainable healthy eating habits that fit into your lifestyle.
More info can be found here